News Republic - A Curated News App
News Republic is a curated news application from 1,650 national and international news sources. The application is offered by News Republic and is available in the Google Play Store for free with In-app purchases. The In-app purchase provides an Ad free versions which costs around Rs. 190.00/year.
Explore, add interested topics and the News Republic app curates your news feed based on the news items you've read.
Set up your profile to track activities, follow friends, experts. The more you engage with the content of the app, the higher you are ranked.
Select the favorite topics in the settings that you want it to be available for offline reading or you can save individual articles to read later.
Great Day Readers! To give us more insights into the application development, Radhika Shukla responded with the answers. Radhika Shukla is the Country Director of News Republic for India. Here are the Q&A exclusive for our readers.
1. Tell us about the team?
We are a small team of 40 people from 10 nationalities spread all over the world. The product development happens in Bordeaux , France but the media partnerships, community management, app localisation happens with the help of respective countries. Having a small team keeps us very nimble.
2. What was your inspiration that leads to the creation of News Republic?
We took a look at the world and saw that divisions in society were getting worse. Those decisions were often confounding and counterproductive to collective progress. We realized that better information would lead to better choices. We also believed that informed citizens would mean more empowered citizens. Those who read better know better. They do better. That is why we set out to create a news platform that would deliver the widest, sharpest and most personally relevant news on the planet.
3. What was the biggest challenge faced while developing the News Republic?
Our main task is to make our users to LOVE our app, not just like it. For that, we always need to put the bar higher. Our standard is our rating (4.5 / 5 on Google Play Store and App Store). It is our goal to keep it as good in all countries. It is sometimes hard to create a tremendous experience in more than 40 countries even with network or devices difficulties, but we continue to work hard for our users all around the world!
4. What features can be expected in the upcoming updates?
We have just released a major release (V6) that includes an important social layer to ramp relevance and discoverability in custom news flows. This adds community intelligence to the editorial and artificial intelligence we already deploy within the app. As we gather feedback from our readers, we will continue to evolve and improve.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell our readers?
We are very thankful to our users and readers who love us and consume news on our app.
What keeps us going is:
- That users love the app: We are one of the highest rated, and most richly awarded news apps. But what makes us proudest is the high user engagement within the app: nearly 2 Billion news views and an average of 3 hours spent in the app every month.
1. That leading media organizations support the app: We have partnerships with over 1650 leading media organizations from around the world.
2. That OEMs love the app: We have strong partnerships with leading manufacturers like HTC, Samsung, Huawei, Acer etc.
3. That Google and Apple love the app: The News Republic is a “Google Editor's Choice" and been frequently featured as a noteworthy app by Apple around the world
4. That industry organizations love the app: We were awarded “Best Mobile Media Publishing App" by the Mobile World Congress; We have won Gold from Best Mobile Apps; We have won several other industry awards including Tabbies and Lovies and “Best App" honors etc. in several countries around the world.